Re: OSX path wrangling

Wayne,

Users definitely can write in ~/Documents.

I also agree with you about not modifying stock libraries--I explicitly
mention this in my mac install's README.  Once you start doing that,
upgrading becomes a pain, and users are going to lose work.

I honestly think that many users/pre-developers are quite lost by the
fp-table-lib stuff, and don't realize that it *frees* them to put their
libraries wherever they want.  (I didn't understand how it all worked until
about a month ago.)

This may be a documentation problem/UI problem, rather than a search path
problem.  I am going to continue with the paths like they are, with the
exception of packages3d per our previous discussion.

I think that after your path stuff is done, and maybe a few more UI tweaks
to the fp-table area, these user concerns will mostly go away.

Adam Wolf
Cofounder and Engineer
W&L