Re: file version compatibility (optional tokens in s-expression files)

I think that may be sufficient to add section [gal] to .pro file as usual
project setting. In this way you can avoid the next .kicad_pcb format
version change.

I'm not terribly thrilled about that idea.  One of the things we have changed
over the years is to move board specific settings out of the project file and
into the board file.  This makes the board file more portable.  If you put
board configuration information in the project file, you will loose it when
you try to use the board file as a stand alone board.  Ultimately, the
project file should only contain settings that have project wide scope. All
board and schematic specific configuration should be saved in the appropriate
file.
Is on a kicad roadmap multi-board projecting ? If no, there's no much difference
where one board settings are stored, regardlessly of how much work was done…

--
Best Regards,
LordBlick