Re: file version compatibility (optional tokens in s-expression files)

On 01/20/2015 01:37 PM, LordBlick wrote:
Gustafson:
Is on a kicad roadmap multi-board projecting ? If no, there's no much
difference where one board settings are stored, regardlessly of how
much
work was done…

The idea of a 'Standalone' board design app is puzzling to me. If
there is
anything in the project file that has project-wide scope, it seems to
me that
trying to use the pcbnew application without that information would be
problematic. Maybe I am missing the concept?
Make an experiment - open standalone .kicad_pcb with no any other
files in
current dir, then close. What's there new appears ? ;)
Supposedly pcbnew does not need this file ... The contradiction.

Experiment results:

[user1 empty]$ mkdir empty
[user1 empty]$ cd empty
[user1 empty]$ kicad_pcb