Re: Mirrored printing broken on wxWidgets 3.0.2

On 1/17/2015 2:36 AM, jp charras wrote:
> Le 16/01/2015 22:03, Wayne Stambaugh a écrit :
>> I recently discovered that the mirrored printing in Pcbnew is broken on
>> windows.  At first I thought it was a 32 bit versus 64 bit issue but I
>> discovered that it is due to the wxWidgets version.  When I use
>> wxWidgets 3.0.0, the mirrored printing works fine (at least on 32 bit
>> MinGW builds).  Using wxWidgets 3.0.2 breaks the mirrored printing on
>> both 32 and 64 bit builds.  Has anybody else noticed this on any other
>> platforms?
>>

> After test on W7, 32 bits, I did not noticed an issue when printing in
> mirrored mode.
> This is a bit strange, because the mirroring is made by our printing
> routines, not by the wxDC.
> But what is the actual issue?
>
> On Windows, the only one issue I am aware of is with Postscripts
> printers, (and only ps drivers, whith include the pdf virtual printers)
> is the fact lines (like tracks) have a very small width, near 0.

I now have another data point.  I upgraded to wxWidgets 3.0.2 from 3.0.0
on my laptop msys1/mingw32 build and the mirrored printing is now
broken.  Here is the build information:

Application: kicad
Version: (2015-01-19 BZR 5380)-product Release build
wxWidgets: Version 3.0.2 (debug,wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,GCC
4.7.2,wx containers,compatible with 2.8)
Platform: Windows 7 (build 7601, Service Pack 1), 64-bit edition, 64
bit, Little endian, wxMSW
Boost version: 1.54.0
         USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=OFF
         USE_WX_OVERLAY=OFF
         KICAD_SCRIPTING=OFF
         KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=OFF
         KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=OFF
         USE_FP_LIB_TABLE=HARD_CODED_ON
         BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON
         KICAD_USE_WEBKIT=ON

It appears that whatever the problem is it is related to the wxWidgets
version and not the compiler version.  I will try 3.0.1 when I get a
chance to see if I can figure out where the breakage occurred.