Re: Coverity scan.

On 2/15/2015 3:25 PM, Mark Roszko wrote:
> Just some notes
> 1. Coverity isn't perfect, there will be false positives and also some
> interesting cases where it flags issues due to....assumptions made in
> code

Just like compiler warnings, make sure you understand the code before
you fix something.  I already found a false positive.  I also saw quite
a few legitimate issues just doing a quick scan through the list.

> 2. Some of the statistics it displays on the project page are funky
> and don't seem to update properly so don't worry about them too much
> 3. Defects won't disappear until they are fixed and a new build is
> submitted to coverity
> 4. You guys can submit builds yourselves if you want, only warning is
> KiCAD's coverity build results in ~500MB file you need to upload to
> them. I use a server to do this all and will probably do it once a
> month. You will want to do a 100% clean build from scratch with most
> major build options turned on.

Once a month is probably adequate.  If you see a bunch of commits with
coverity fixes, you might want to submit a build just to see if we
knocked a few of them out.

> 5. Coverity is bugged and if you use the curl based method to submit
> builds you end up causing it to run the build twice, the "Newly
> Detected Defects" option in the Defect viewer then fails because the
> second build clears them.

Thanks for the useful information.