Re: Coverity scan.

The Coverity scan is a great addition to KiCad development.

Clicking around on the Coverity site - KiCad defects per 1000 lines are
pretty good compared to those projects that allow one to view their
statistics. Java based projects seem to be in the 5+ defects/1000.

Running Coverity often (assuming changes are made often too) seem to
provide better/quicker results. One project in that category is
'coreboot' with 81,041,862 lines analyzed. Their defect number is 0.0
per 1000 (roundoff helps). They were last analyzed one hour ago.

Since KiCad also patches wxPython and Boost, maybe a scan including the
patched code would provide some useful information. wxWidgets is on the
Coverity list and has defects/1000 in KiCad's ballpark. A report might
be helpful in crafting useful patches for KiCad.

Bob G