kicad-developers team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Diff Pairs & Length tuning in the product branch
We've just merged the new features of the Interactive Router to the
- Routing differential pairs (in push&shove mode too).
- Tuning trace length.
- Tuning differential pair length and skew.
There's a video tutorial and a demo available on YouTube .
The merge also includes some improvements to the selection/edit tools
that we've developed alongside the new router features:
- Snapping to the origin axes when moving (allowing to move an item
exactly vertically/horizontally wrt its former position)
- Editing footprint pad properties directly on PCB.
- Moving pads of a footprint directly on PCB.
- Opening the footprint editor for selected footprint on a PCB in GAL mode.
- Dragging footprints by origin, pad 1 or pad nearest the cursor.
- Guessing the best selection candidate instead of displaying the
disambiguation menu every time.
We did our best to make sure the branch compiles and runs correctly, and
we'll greatly appreciate your feedback - be that bugs, feature requests
or suggestions for improvements. Please keep in mind this is the first
public release of the Diff Pairs, so some fine tuning may be needed in
Many thanks to all developers, funders & users for your help and support!
Tom & Orson