Re: Polish support file for asciidoc

On Sat, Mar 07, 2015 at 07:29:14AM +0100, Kerusey (Do odczytu) wrote:
> W dniu 2015-03-06 o 23:22, Marco Ciampa pisze:
> >
> >Many thanks! I finally have produced Polish pdf (attached) ;-)
> >
> I forgot to ask in my previous mail.
>
> I have read the created PDF file. It does not look the best, but
> it's probably a matter of improving the style (if any). In a few
> places I need to improve translated sentences to better connect it
> to the whole. I will improve it in the near future.

great!

> But back to the point. What about the drawings in the translated
> documents? In my previous translations of LibreOffice files and
> their HTML/asciidoc editions I used localized drawings.
>
> https://github.com/keruseykaryu/kicad-kerusey-doc-html
>
> Is there any plan to systematize this point too, so that the reader
> of Polish manual had screenshots of the Polish version of the
> program?

Absolutely YES, you see, in the gettext there are the image links too,
and BTW that is handy to signal of a screenshot change in the original
doc too.

I just haven't make up my mind about where to put i18n screenshots. What
do you think is better? Inside the images dir like this:

images (for common images like icons)
images/it
images/pl
images/en

etc.

or instead with a localized images dir like this:

images (for common images like icons)
images-it
images-pl
images-en

etc.

or something else?

PS: I will forward to the dev list because perhaps there could be good
advices missing if we keep this quandary just between us two ...

--

Marco Ciampa

| GNU/Linux User  #78271 |
| FSFE fellow       #364 |