Re: Polish support file for asciidoc

On Sun, Mar 08, 2015 at 01:04:12PM +0100, LordBlick wrote:
> >I just haven't make up my mind about where to put i18n screenshots. What
> >do you think is better? Inside the images dir like this:
> >
> >images (for common images like icons)
> >images/it
> >images/pl
> >images/en
> >
> >etc.
> >
> >or instead with a localized images dir like this:
> >
> >images (for common images like icons)
> >images-it
> >images-pl
> >images-en
> >
> >etc.
> >
> >or something else?
> IMO tree hierarchy is better choice, but my personal preference is „pictures/…”
> or shortly „pic/…”, because „images” is wider meaningful word, which can cause
> some mistakes in future.

I am sorry I was not clear. I was not talking about personal preference
but instead about better file handling for packaging or other means that
I cannot imagine now.

BTW the "images" dir name come out from the automatic converter from odt
to rest, it was not my choice, I just left it because changing meant
search/replace all image links in all converted docs... and in asciidoc
image links command is "image", so not at all a bad name...

For example packaging. If we are about to prepare some deb packages for
nationalized docs, is it better to have a gerarchical format?

I think that the "base" package should contain the common and english
images (icons, screenshots and diagrams) because of the icons and
fallback untranslated images links.

So since the "images" dir should always be present it comes down to just
a matter of taste...

--

Marco Ciampa

| GNU/Linux User  #78271 |