Re: fix proposal for the 3D shading issues.

Le 09/03/2015 22:04, Mário Luzeiro a écrit :
> Hello kicad developers!
> I submitted a patch to fix the current shading issues with some models.
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1351618
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1351618/+attachment/4339230/+files/3d-viewer-shadding-improovements_issue1351618.patch
>
> This patch added an options to use or not the normals from models (as some models come with, not nice normals).
> The source code also try to repair some bad normals and will flag (in red) the vertices with bad normals in the model.
> .. as other small clean & fixes
>
> I appreciate if you can merge it in the trunk development or let me know if you would like some changes.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Mario Luzeiro

I committed your patch; Thanks.

I recently noticed an other issue, related to material, in demo ecc83.
Valves (which have transparent areas) are incorrectly shown.
If the option "Render Material Properties" is off, the valve is
correctly shown (obviously the transparent areas are no more transparent).
But if the option is on, a lot of basic shapes are missing (not
necessary transparent areas).
In old stable version, the rendering is OK.

May I ask you to have a look at this issue?

Thanks in advance.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS