Re: Feature Request: ViaStiching

Hi,

Am 23.03.2015 um 18:56 schrieb Chris Pavlina:

> KiCad does not currently support standalone vias, and I think that would
> be a necessity before a *clean* implementation of this could be done.

I think these vias would be placed inside a copper pour, so there is
something to "connect" them to. The notion of "generated" vias is new
though (so if I change parameters for thermal relief, these vias can be
deleted and recreated).

I'd like to tack a feature request on top of that: thermal via
generation in pads. For my last project I simply used four rectangular
pads with copper on top and bottom and a hole in the middle. This works,
but for library submission I'd like to be able to express this in a
cleaner way (i.e. one large pad, with an attribute how much thermal
power it needs to sink).

   Simon