help on docs

Hi everybody,
I am writing here to ask a clarification on a term.

I was translating in Italian and trying to understand the meaning to
strings/commands/chapters works in a way like a revision.

The Interactive Router manual states:

#Interactive_Router.adoc:174
"*Automatic neckdown* - when enabled, the router tries to break out\n"
"pads/vias in a clean way, avoiding acute angles and jagged breakout\n"
"traces.\n"

Seeing some videos on the Altinum Automatic neckdown feature, this seems
to mean a shrinking of traks between pads/vias but the KiCad manual
explanation seems to say something different.

Am I wrong? Could be improved/changed the description?

In the Italian string on the program I also translated the term with
"Restringimento automatico" that means something like "Automatic
shrinking". Is this correct or not?

I am sorry I am not an expert on PCBs nor an expert on KiCad so I have to
ask for clarification when I have doubts.

PS: actually the only contribution on the translation of the docs is from a Polish
guy (thanks!). If some other people want to translate the KiCad docs in some other
language I am here to help. Please ask and contribute!

https://github.com/ciampix/kicad-doc

--

Marco Ciampa

| GNU/Linux User  #78271 |