Re: More than 26 units in a symbol

On Mon, Apr 06, 2015 at 03:10:07PM -0400, Carl Poirier wrote:
> Indeed, the custom sub-designators would be nice.
>
> For the close future, would it be possible to simply extend to "AA"? Else,
> are any of you aware of potential problems if the '[' character is used?

Other than being really ugly, I don't think it could give great problems.

Except, for instance, in onrightclick.cpp, AddMenusForEditComponent,
where it could give... questionable results (it's used to index a static
string; in fact doesn't handle the user preference of subunit style).

The main generator for this is SCH_FIELD::GetFullyQualifiedText, and the
subreference generator is LIB_PART::SubReference. I'd start with these
for the modification (currently the subref is done with a wxChar
cast :P). I'd recommend a grep for GetUnit or similar call to find out
odd usages (like the menu generation).

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl