Cache algorithms

Hello all,

I was looking for some "Cache algorithm". I plan to use it for caching 3d models for 3d-viewer (i.e. so it don't have to parse and compute same files all again for different pcbboards..etc *)
I didn't find any in KiCad sources. (stl or boost don't have it AFAIK)

I am special interested in a Least Recently Used (LRU) algo.
http://timday.bitbucket.org/lru.html
http://pocoproject.org/slides/140-Cache.pdf

Does anyone where have some implementation that maybe added to KiCad project?
Or any suggestion where / how can I choose one to add?

Thanks!

Regards,
Mario Luzeiro

*Note: 3d-viewer already have some "model reuse" mechanism but its only for each board it reloads, it don't have a proper overall cache system.

Follow ups