Re: hard crash with pcbnew

> On May 18, 2015, at 5:09 AM, Maciej Sumiński <maciej.suminski@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have just committed a patch that should fix the problem.

I will build and test tonight!

> Finally I had
> an opportunity to play with a MacBook, and it resulted in two more
> changes for Macs:
> - Apple MagicMouse and trackpad should be now usable (no more crazy
> zooming in/out).

Praise $DIETY :) Seriously, though, I had a couple of gigs back east and in the downtime on the plane I worked on a design on my MacBook Pro and the trackpad zoom was unusable in OpenGL mode. So I am looking forward to testing this too.

> - Full resolution support for Retina screens in OpenGL canvas. It is
> enabled using a patch for wxWidgets, so the library must be recompiled
> if you want to take advantage of this feature. I hope noone minds one
> extra patch for wx, since we have to use a custom build anyway.

I don’t have a Retina display Mac but I will test the wx build.

> Patch to mute sounds after pressing a key (from Paulo H. Silva) needs
> some extra care, but it will be applied later as well.

Yeah, I just muted the system bong and that went away. But a patch is nice.

> In other news:
> - Scrollbars (excluding OSX; sorry - wxWidgets has won again with its
> lack of consistency)

It does seem to be consistently inconsistent. That’s the thing about the GAL mode; no scroll bars and I couldn’t figure out how to pan with the trackpad. I’m sure there’s a magic configuration somewhere will enable emulating middle mouse button or something.

-a