Re: on incorrect polygon behavior

On 06/01/2015 06:23 PM, Tomasz Wlostowski wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I did a small investigation of the polygon-related
> segfaults/miscalculations. It looks like Boost.polygon badly handles
> cases where intersection points of the edges of the polygons lie close
> to each other or overlap, causing the 'snap rounding' algorithm used in
> boost to go haywire. This is the case for complex zones, with a lot of
> thermal holes or via patterns (i.e. a thermal pad under a QFN with a via
> field).
[snip]

I have just committed Tom's work (rev 5741), as it fixes a bug marked as
critical [1] and hopefully resolves all other problems related to
boost::polygon library.

If you face any problems filling polygons, there is an option to revert
to the legacy zone filling algorithm (Preferences -> General ->
Advanced/Developer -> Use legacy filling algorithm) and please report
such cases.

Thanks Tom!

Regards,
Orson