Re: Fwd: [patch] micro via size incorrect in pns router

Thanks JP.

After doing some more research I think it would probably be a good idea to
allow blind/buried micro vias.

Regarding being able to see what layer a blind/buried via is on.. That
probably needs some rendering changes to make clearer. I don't think I want
to mess with that right now.

It does make things initially easier if you are only using micro vias to go
from an external layer to an adjacent inner layer, but forcing that setup
makes things a little more difficult if someone does want to use
blind/buried micro vias.

Andrew Zonenberg laid out these issues quite a while back (
https://lists.launchpad.net/kicad-developers/msg14792.html), but nothing
was done after that.

For now how about this:
If micro vias AND blind/buried vias are allowed then let people place
buried vias.
If only micro vias are allowed then only let them go from an external layer
to an inner layer.

I don't think this is the greatest solution, but I think it is better than
not allowing buried microvias.
Thoughts?

Jon