Re: idea for post-release file manipulations

Hey OSX devs,

great to hear that some of those UI issues will possibly be addressed before the stable
release!

As far as I can tell the combo box/drop-down menu bug in pcbnew only affects the menus listed
by Jean-Paul: Track Width, Via Diameter, Grid Size, Zoom Size. The Active Layer Switch drop
down menu in the toolbar above for example works as expected.

There seems to be no bug report for this. I would open one if this helps the devs?

And I just came across another minor UI glitch in pcbnew: When running the DRC, the dialog
window loses focus to the main window after the checks are finished. Since the main window is
usually bigger than the DRC dialog window this results in the dialog suddenly vanishing from
the screen. An unexperienced user might think that the checks failed and might try to click
the DRC button again. But since the dialog is still lurking behind the main window, nothing
happens.

I think that there are two issues here, that both should be easy to fix:

- DRC dialog window should keep focus after checks are finished.
- If the dialog has somehow lost focus (perhaps the user deliberately gave focus back to the
main window, leaving the dialog open), the next click on the DRC button/icon should bring the
dialog back to focus.

However, with the DRC issue I am not sure, if this is OSX only and I have no Linux machine
near me now to verify.

I could open a bug report for this, too, if you want.

Best,

Johannes