Re: OS X issues...

> On Jun 24, 2015, at 11:44 AM, Garth Corral <gcorral@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> +kicad-developers
>
> Hoping you meant for this to go to the list.
>
>> On Jun 24, 2015, at 10:41 AM, Andy Peters <devel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>>> On Jun 24, 2015, at 10:27 AM, Garth Corral <gcorral@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>

>>> Regardless of any wxWidgets issues, shouldn't this dialog be modal anyway?
>>>
>>> Garth
>>
>> No, it shouldn’t be — after running DRC, it’s necessary to have the list of DRC complaints remain open, while also allowing the user to go and inspect/fix all of the errors.
>>
>> It doesn’t make sense to have to close the dialog before fixing an error.
>>
> Fair enough.  Though it would be nice if one could simply navigate through the markers (if they were produced for all violations) on the board without need for the list.  With some way to produce the text there, perhaps a tooltip or somesuch.
>
> Unfortunately, as hinted at in the bug filed, the underlying issue here is likely yet another case of OS X being the red-headed stepchild in wxWidgets.  In this case it can probably be worked around in KiCad.  I think the issue that Bernhard is looking at is another case of an OS X specific wxWidgets issue, but in that case I don’t have much confidence it can addressed in KiCad.  I hope I’m wrong.

Along the lines of OS X-specific wxWidgets issues, and I should check the bug-tracker to see if this has been reported or not, but the rats-nest is still not working in GAL mode. When you move a part, the rats-nest doesn’t get redrawn properly. It uses old pad locations. Refreshing or changing to default canvas and back again updates the rats nest.

Oh, and another thing, which I have been trying to reproduce so I can do a proper bug report, is this. In GAL mode, I have managed to select parts of a footprint and move them. In other words, the pads move, but the center of the footprint remains at its old location. I will do more futzing around so I can come up with a recipe for this weirdness.

-a