Re: two bugs: trace clearance display and hierarchical sheet pin name redraw fail

> On Jun 27, 2015, at 2:40 AM, Tomasz Wlostowski <tomasz.wlostowski@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On 27.06.2015 08:17, Andy Peters wrote:
>> BAR 5822 with Adam’s nightly builds on OS X 10.9 and 10.10.
>>
>> a) bug # 1469359. In the default canvas, we see the nice outlines for the trace clearance. The clearance indication is not displayed in GAL mode.
> Hi Andy,
>
> Does this happen on OSX only? In either case, the interactive router
> works a bit different to the old one:
> - draws clearances in the 'highlight collisions' mode only (in
> shove/walkaround, the clearance is obviously visible...)
> - draws clearance zones of the colliding traces instead of the trace
> being routed. The reason is the trace being drawn may have different
> clearance requirements for different nets/types of colliding objects, so
> it's not possible in many cases to draw a single clearance zone. See the
> attached drawing.
>
> Cheers,
> Tom
> <clearance_zones.png>

I only work in OS X; I do have Kicad installed in a Windows machine just for the hell of it but I never really use it.

OK, I got it. I always work in the avoid-collisions mode, where the interactive router always avoids a clearance failure.

After switching to “highlight collisions” — which I admit I had not tried previously! -- and routing a trace that would violate clearance rules, yes indeedy the violations light up like a christmas tree.

So it’s not a bug, per se, it’s a user’s expectations issue. Chris added my expectations (and I’m sure others have the same expectation) to the wishlist, but I don’t think it merits much attention unless the devs run out of things to do.

-a