Re: KiCad user interface translations

On 7/1/2015 5:23 PM, LordBlick wrote:
> Østergaard:
>> Since the release is imminent I would like to point out that we still
>> have some issue with the GUI translations. This is pointed out
>> somewhere in [1]. They are kept in the very big repo [2], which also
>> contains the old documentation and stuff. The documentation itself has
>> moved to ciampix' kicad-doc repo. (Can this be soon be moved under the
>> KiCad organisation on github.)
>>
>> I would like to seperate out the po files [2] sort of like I have done
>> in [3].
>>
>> It is a conversion of the kicad bzr doc repo, converted to git, where
>> the internat folder is sperated into its own repo, such that is is not
>> with the docs, and the size is about 38M reposize (13M tree size)
>> compared to 1.6G. This preserves commit history, while seperating. I
>> also intend to have the compiled mo files in the repo, and just update
>> the cmake stuff to be able to build the mo files.
>>
>> I would like to have some feedback and maybe a go ahead form the main
>> developers and the translators, about weather or not this is the way
>> to go or not. So what do you think?
> +1
> Every package build don't need to waste time with untouched data.

I don't have an issue with this but I would like to hear from our
packagers as they would have to pull the translations from a different
repo.  I guess that it's not a big deal since our documentation is now
in a separate repo.  However, since I'm not the one doing the work, we
should wait for their input before we make this change.