Net names in netlist

Hi everyone,

Some time ago I stumpled across a behavior of kicad that I find at least annoying if not error producing.

KiCAD does not generate a warning when a net has two (or more) labels attached to the same net. This is true for global labels and also for power labels.
In one of my designs this caused kicad to connect an un-hidden power pin of some library part on a named net to a different actually "VCC" named net (see also bug 1443050).

I suggest that kicad generates at least a warning when one net has more than one label.

Also: kicad chooses one of the labels for naming the net in the netlist. It seems it uses the last applied label. I think this should be set by the user.
If there are indeed people that use different labels for the same net, I think they would be glad to be able to pick the name for the netlist (and therefore for the PCB). For others like me this would be the chance to correct this error.

What do you think about this?

On a side note: I think kicad did not connect un-hidden pins to VCC in older versions (around 2012).

Best regards,
  André

Follow ups