Re: PCB reading Net list formace

On Sat, 25 Jul 2015 12:20:07 +0200,
LordBlick  wrote:
> On the other hand, is not very apt programming assumption that the
> Internet/network connection and  is the primary function of the operating system
> and all remote(local too) services are always present…
> Ussually most of programmers schools tels that some smart timeout routine need
> to be implemented and message displayed to user.

You're living in the past lol:P:P In fact we had a lot of problems with
internet-licensed applications which assume a permanent high-speed
internet link. Keep in mind that in italy 384 kbps upstream at home is
premium rate:D

A small company with 5/10 employees usually has a 2Mbps/512kbps link and
we still have a lot of P4s running with XP deployed. They simply don't
break:D A few years ago I've seen a PABX accounting box running 3.1
(hint: that software doesn't even run on 95...). No idea on how they
manage to transfer the call records out of that box...

So, don't trust all the hype on cloud services and all these things, in
some countries (and Italy is a G8 one, we're even a rich country:P) even
a shell over ssh has severe lag and business PCs have less than 1GB of
RAM on average:P

Oh and BTW most programmers school don't even teach to check the result
of fopen, so you're hoping a lot asking for a timeout (just kidding:
maybe they teach it but never seen anyone actually doing that...)

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl