Re: DXF import only works in default Canvas.

From what I have been able to investigate on this is that the polyshape rendering is not implemented in the legacy canvas.

With respect to the not being able to move, I think that this has something to do with the hit detection that also does not implement polyshapes.

When used in the module editor, when you look at the module file where you imported the DXF, you will notice that the fp_poly shape in the file does not have any xy points. Upon reloading the module file, the module editor crashes because it probably expects xy points in the shape.

On the moving of the shape, the current PCB file gr_poly definition would require ALL xy points in the shape to be transformed to do a move. I think it ideally should be another shape definition that has an XY origin (and possibly an angle) and then the rest of the shape positions are relative to that XY origin. In that way the shape can be moved without having to recalculate the relative positions of the shape corners (and possibly distorting them after a few moves). I feel that might be a safer way of dealing with a complex shape.

Marco