Re: wxFormBuilder and the future

W odpowiedzi na wiadomość z dnia 17.08.2015, 22:33, od timofonic timofonic:
Hello.

I'm not a developer at all, but I got curious about this.

KiCad is 500KLOC and 80% of it is about GUI, right? Would rewriting dialog code
by hand require to change a lot of code too? Would it reduce LOC?

I see Libreoffice has some kind of similar issue, but the situation is even
worse. It seems to have 864,463 LOC and features their own toolkit named VCL (20
years old and it seems to be quite outdated by today's standards too). They
would prefer to migrate to something like Qt or Gtk, but the code is very rooted
in the codebase and the required rewrite isn't an easy task to do at all.

Other projects such as QUCS already use Qt.
wx is closer to gtk than to qt (easier to convert) and qt is for comercial tasks non-free… Read the licence.

--
Best Regards,
LordBlick