Re: [Patch] Add gitlab support to github plugin

Just my 2c worth but that 'huge history' problem can be solved with using the
"shallow clone" capability of git.

i.e. git clone --depth 1 <cloneurl>

Also, I think that all the individual repositories could be combined
as sub modules of a larger master repository and then you just clone
a single repository and do an update sub modules?

Having said that, I don't use the github repositories other than an occasional
look as a reference when I am making a new part for my own libraries.

I keep my own libraries as a git repository on a shared drive. Git gives me the ability to track changes (I particularly like the KiCad text based file formats for this) and also a clone capability to move a library copy for offline use on laptops
Otherwise, the machines in my office simply use the shared drive.

Marco