Re: via net name Question, and quirks

I believe the issue here is that KiCad automatically cleans up vias that
aren't attached to a track. Your description is kind of confusing, but I'm
assuming you may have ended up with a free floating via. This is a common
complaint and the best solution right now is probably to follow these
instructions for "permanent vias":
https://forum.kicad.info/t/protip-nicer-via-stitching/1103

For what it is worth you might want to post questions like this to the
kicad user group on yahoo (
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/kicad-users/info) or on
http://forum.kicad.info. If you do end up running in to a bug or problem
then the bug tracker is a better place for that as well.

Jon