Most recently used path.

There has been a good bit of grumbling recently about the MRU path
situation in KiCad.  The previous behavior was broken during the Kiway
development.  There have been some patches but none of them solve the
underlying problem that is there is MRU path code scattered all over the
place which makes it difficult to maintain.  I'm going to try to fix
this over the weekend and wanted some input.  One thing that will impact
the code design is how MRU paths are stored.  There are two choices I
can make in the design.  Save a MRU path for each window derived from
EDA_BASE_FRAME or have a single MRU path for every main window frame
stored in PGM_BASE.  My preference is the former since I tend to use
specific sub-folders for storing board and schematic related stuff and I
would prefer that Pcbnew remember my board related paths and Eeschema
remembers my schematic related paths.  The other design decision is
whether or not to save the MRU path in a config file rather than use the
user's home path when no project is loaded or the current project path.
 Any one else have any thoughts on this?

Thanks,