Kicad annoyances and niggles

I've just been playing with V6132 of PCBNEW. I have a number of small observations.

1/ In the layer manager toolbar the Top and Bottom layer are named Composant and Cuivre. Why is this even though I am using English as my language? 2/ The same words are used for the top and bottom layer in the Track and Via properties dialog.

Track highlighting in OpenGL mode.

1/ When I click on the track highlighting icon the cursor changes to a large cross. I can then highlight a track. However if I then try to un-highlight the same track I have to move the cursor back to the highlight button and unclick it. When I do this the board pans uncontrollably off the screen whilst I'm moving the cursor towards the highlight button. I still can not un-highlight the track. How is a track un-highlighted. Surely it would be more intuitive to click on the track once to highlight and then again to un-highlight it? How can the panning be turned off or controlled?

Why is the Freeroute Icon still available even though the website does not work any more? I did click on it but it just provides an opportunity to export a .ses file. Maybe the tooltip should be changed to reflect this?

I'll send in a few more observations next week as I start to use the latest version more. Thanks.

David.

Follow ups