Re: cvpcb alternative

I wish I had a video of me just now trying to make, save, and use a new
footprint. The crux of the problem, as I see it, is the Library editor is
remarkably unintuitive; making a footprint is EASY, saving it is HARD.

The "Select" button sends us to the "Library Browser" when assigning a
footprint to a schematic symbol, and that feels like I just travelled back to
the dark ages. I must have made thirty clicks when trying to do it this way,
as compared to just selecting the footprint I need out of the list in cvpcb.

In fact, I think I'm going to have to make a video just to share my
experience. I can understand why people have a problem doing this.
I must give you a hope - cvpbc still exist in eeschema toolbar, but results of
work are saved in schematic project. After that export netlist to pcbnew…

--
Best Regards,
LordBlick