First time contribution suggestion: Auto increment pin number (symbol creation)

Hello,

     I would like to start making contributions to KiCad... I noticed that when placing pins when creating a symbol, you have to type a name and pin number everytime....
90% of the time the pin number is just N+1 the last pin number... I would like to volunteer to have a go at adding that feature, if it is agreed that is a good idea, perhaps there is a reason to omit it?
If not I think I identified where I need to work...
https://github.com/KiCad/kicad-source-mirror/blob/master/eeschema/pinedit.cpp (maybe in this file???)
Thanks
Dan

Follow ups