On the DXF import dialog in 'default' vs. GAL canvas.

Just on the DXF import dialog now I played with it a bit more again, I noted that there is a distinct behavioural difference depending on the canvas used.

In the 'default' canvas, the import allows the setting the origin of the DXF relative to the board and works as advertised.

However, in the GAL canvas, all these origin settings are effectively ignored and the imported shape is 'attached' to the cursor position.
It can then be moved around and then dropped by clicking in some spot.

While this 'attach to cursor' is quite useful, it appears a bit confusing with respect to the origin settings in the dialog.

Is this how we really want it?

Should the DXF dialog in GAL be different so we don't have all these confusing origin settings?

Or should there be an option in the dialog to allow this 'attached to cursor' as an option?

Or should there only be the attach to cursor and remove the origin options completely?

Should / can the 'attach to cursor' capability be in 'default' as well or is that a waist of time?

Cheers,

Marco

Follow ups