Re: Export to IPC-2581

IPC2581B was made available for no cost; the IPC does this for a number
of standards in its care. If it were ISO it would be a different story. :)

It should be possible to support the standard but it would be good to get
an idea of how popular it is before spending time on it. Other standards
provide many of the features of IPC2581B but never came into widespread
use (IGES, STEP AP210, etc - though some large companies like Boeing
do use AP210). There is little point to implementing such a standard unless
it actually improves how you interact with manufacturers.

- Cirilo