Re: FW: Export to ODB++

Le 13/09/2015 10:47, Thiadmer Riemersma a écrit :
>> What about IPC-2581? Is really open? Do PCB manufacturers support it?
>
> The IPC-2581 specification is freely available. I believe it is as open as
> Gerber is (but I am not a lawyer).
>
> I am unaware of any PCB manufacturers that support IPC-2851, apart from the
> few listed in the website for the IPC-2851.
>
> There is wider support for Gerber X2. The main advantage of ODB+ and
> IPC-2851 (as I see it) are also in Gerber X2. KiCad already supports the
> essential Gerber X2 features.

There are still missing X2 features in KiCad (drill files and a few others).
We need volunteers to add these features.
X2 format is very well documented, and easy to manage.

Adding any feature like IPCxx or ODB++ imply a way to test it.

We have a *very very good* support from Ucamco (which manages the Gerber
specifs) to test the Gerber features.

So please consider adding these features before working on ODB++
(And remember: no volunteer = no new feature)

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS