Survival Guide to Lonely KiCad & Linux user (at school/university/...)?

Hello.

I'm currently still the only schoolmate using Linux in a vocational school.
I have suspicions this will make lots of issues, specially in teamwork
project.

Fortunately they provide dual boot to Linux Mint.

There's only five schoolmates at this time, but they'll arrive a lot more
later (unfortunately). This is a hard situation and lack of OrCAD
interoperability will be a pain in the ass unless I lobby very aggressively
in a positive way to make schoolmates use KiCad, such as by teaching them
to use instead KiCad more proficiently than OrCAD.

I need to translate KiCad to Spanish as part of this lobbying strategy. But
I'm unsure what to do.

They usually use an old version of OrCAD 9.x) because simpler than newer
ones and used KiCad in the past but disliked many things of it (the teacher
didn't got into details). I might report active feedback from teachers,
they are EE and some of them like to program too.

Unfortunately all machines are custom root protected, so I must do some
social engineering too to make sysadmins add some PPAs I usually need at
least. Let's see what I can do, but I hate to use Windows a lot.

Kind regards.

Follow ups