About the UNIX way (was "Re: Caching/storimg datasheets in KiCad for offline use?")

Hello David.

Please don't take it as something personal, but this debate appears quite
often. I would like to provide my feedback about it.

------------IMPORTANT ADVICE--------------
HALF OFTOPIC ABOUT "UNIX WAY", PLEASE DISCUSS ABOUT IT IN THIS IF YOU WANT
TO AND NOT DERAIL THE OTHER MESSAGE THREAD DISCUSSION
____

Disclaimer:
I'm not a developer at all, just a novice and extreme Jack of All Trades
guy. But I think my reply might be right and most real contributors could
agree at least in some way. Apologizes if KiCad developers think in a
different way, please reply about it.

Sorry, but this project is multiplatform. One of the goals is to modularize
and integrate KiCad, instead needing to use TCP just to make Eeschema and
PCBnew communicate.

Are you into the ephemeral, undefined and largely morphed "UNIX way"?  I
think you are part of nostalgia:

- Xorg used some kind of networking too and is getting progressively
deprecated to Wayland with a different approach.
- Traditional hackish init system is replaced to SystemD by merging,
standardizing and integrating lots of services. This is something "True
UNIX People" hate, so they forked udev and use OpenRC or switch to BSD, but
there's tendencies that BSDs might switch to the SystemD model too.

- Desktop Environments don't follow the " UNIX way " too. They use lots of
libraries and frameworks, provide configuration and even provide
applications in default metapackages too.

I think there are other FOSS EDA projects that follow the UNIX way, you
might be more interested in them ;)
------- END OF HALF OFTOPIC ABOUT "UNIX WAY" --------

Kind regards.

Follow ups