Re: About the UNIX way (was "Re: Caching/storimg datasheets in KiCad for offline use?")

> On Sep 22, 2015, at 5:21 PM, timofonic timofonic <timofonic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> KiCad runs on Windows and who knows if someone ports it to other different platforms that are even more far from UNIX. There's exotic platforms such as MorphOS and AmigaOS probably lack of a proper EDA tool, but maybe they would demand ARexx support in their ports ;)
>
> I would even love to see KiCad on Android, iOS, eComStation, BBOS and even Atari (you can have a somewhat modern Atari by using aranym). Those require additional developers, I hope they appear. A secondary effect could be a very robust codebase, but maybe the C++ subset would need to be reduced because of compiler features.

Well, farg it, I want to run Kicad on an Apple ][. Or a Commodore 64. Or, wait for it: a DEC Pro350. Maybe I can dig up a Sinclair ZX-81. Because, you know, it should run EVERYWHERE, regardless of a platform’s ability to run it reasonably well.

-a