Re: KiCad scripting supported in the release or not

OS X has a builtin Python (on 10.10 it's Python 2.7.10, located at
/usr/bin/python).  Can't you just use that, as it's provided by the system
already and (almost) guaranteed to be there?  Particularly on 10.11 since
SIP would prevent it from being touched...

Most Linux distributions also automatically provide Python (BUT SOME HAVE
JUMPED TO PYTHON3 ONLY!!!), and it's a lot of work to get rid of it since
many utilities rely on it.  I think it'd be safe to assume it's there, or
the package managers can get it there.

-Ian