Re: suggested resolution (and other specs)

Am 14.10.2015 um 08:53 schrieb Marco Ciampa:
> Apart from reporting problems on this or that combination of graphic
> libraries and/or platforms and/or OS, I think that is missing a page with
> the minimum requirements

The minimum required system is a computer running an operating system,
isn't it?

> May we use KiCad with a 1024x768 screen?
> All functions? And 800x600, less? More?
> Suggested (actual) graphic cards for Win/Linux/Mac?
> Minum requirements on DirectX / OpenGL?

No minimum requirements, as far as I can see one needs no graphics at
all to do batch processing.

Am 14.10.2015 um 09:18 schrieb Lorenzo Marcantonio:
> No hope with Intel pre-HD. The GM945 simply doesn't have the hardware

Nah, I have a similar graphics (G33) and it works just fine. With
software-OpenGL even in OpenGL mode.

I wonder what all this discussions about minimum requirements are. Is
this a subtele way to ged rid of competing users? Like "your PC isn't
manly enough, you loose"? I actually start to get this impression. The
same for these discussions about making the user interface less
intuitive to be "more professional".

Am 14.10.2015 um 10:54 schrieb Mário Luzeiro:
> Some one also pointed me that there are people running kicad in a RPi

This would be a nice statement on such a hardware requirements page! It
works for everybody from no graphics to simple Vesa graphics to the
latest 96 core, 48 GB, OpenGL 15.2 thing.

Markus

--
Dipl. Ing. (FH) Markus Hitter