Re: Have anyone used the footprint wizards on windows?

> Le 24/10/2015 13:57, Nick Østergaard a écrit :
>> Hi
>>
>> It looks like the message/console dialog was added in rev 6150, I think
>> this commit did not consider users to close the window...  The commit just
>> before, that is 6149 could be related. A third commit related to this is
>> 6163.
>>
>> @Jean-Pierre, all those commits were made by you, would you be so kind and
>> give the changes a second look?
>

> I do not have any crash, both on W7 - 32 bits and Kubuntu 14.04 64 bits.
>
> the rev 6150 fixed issues on Windows (python script throwing an
> exception on Windows, and therefore error messages).
>
> I am surprised by this sentence:
> "I need to close that console/status"
> How to close it?
> there is no way in pcbnew to close it: this is a window which is used to
> display python messages, and especially error and warning messages from
> scripts.
> (Obviously, if there is some way to close it, be sure pcbnew will crash
> the first time a message is displayed or when closing the wizard)
>
> Do you know a way to reproduce the crash?

Yes, as I mentioned earlier. Close that window withc is used to
display python messages. I use my window managers shortcut for this,
which is Alt+F4 on windows. Please retest.

I don't really see the need for that message output to be another
dialog window like that, nor why it is shown by defult. But anyway, it
will crash when closed and the python wizard used.