Re: Looking for complex board designs

We should define some kind of policy for this.  It doesn't have to be
complex.  I would say the requirements should be as follows:

Open (by license) Hardware Projects:

Minimum: The board file can be downloaded so that it can be modified.
Preferred: The entire project should be made available for download and
KiCad should be mentioned on the project website.

Commercial Products:
Minimum: KiCad mentioned on product website or donations made to project.

Here's my thinking:

For open hardware projects, if the board and/or project files are
available, then we should add them to the made with KiCad page since
it's obvious by the files that it was designed with KiCad.

For commercial products, they should directly mention that they used
KiCad to design their product or donate to KiCad via CERN.  Otherwise,
we are giving them free advertisement which doesn't make any sense.  I
don't think it's unfair to ask a commercial project to mention us if
they want us to mention them.

Documenting this will eliminate any whining about why someones pet
project or product did or didn't make it on our made with KiCad page.
It's best to clearly define this to prevent issues.

Wayne