Re: About collaboration, simulation, documentation, organisation, usability and documentation

Hi All,

"Simulations: Provide quality circuit simulation capabilities similar to commercial products - no progress".

This is my personal view.

Taking this (simulation feature) as an example, I think because the nature of kicad, adding new big features like this need a lot of ponderation from project managers and "owners" of kicad.

IMO, (as kicad user and contributor) kicad should not add (for the next years) any type of this bomb features.

As it was discuss before, the big issue is the lake of support in relation to the efforts need for that support.
Lets say you are very enthusiastic to add this big feature. You will work on that for months.. years.. forever? What if nobody comes next interested in contributing and support that features...
As it was discuss before (that story of Altium and 8051) that would become a loose piece in kicad.. buggy...ugly. No support :/

I believe, and special that kicad is working in a stable releases approach, that adding new features or development plans must taken with very care, thinking in a future perspective of continuity.

Mario Luzeiro