Re: cached_container and memory management: sometimes run out of memory.

Le 17/11/2015 18:38, Tomasz Wlostowski a écrit :
> On 16.11.2015 08:52, jp charras wrote:
>> Here is my question:
>> Is it possible to keep the largest allocated block during the session,
>> without frequently allocating intermediate blocks, to avoid the memory
>> fragmentation in to smaller blocks ?
>> And is it possible to reduce or optimize this size ?
>>
>> (currently, I cannot edit wrs.kicad_pcb on W7 32 bits more than 5 minutes)
> Hi Jean-Pierre,
>
> I think it's possible, but I would like to consult this with Orson (he's
> still away from CERN and coming back on Monday).
>
> Best,
> Tom

Thanks.

I have also an other request about zone creation and editing in GAL mode:
Currently, a new zone (can happen also when editing a zone) is just
added "as this" in zone list.

No DRC is made when creating/edition a zone, so if there is a DRC issue
(like a zone inside an other zone having the same priority level with
different net) it will be seen only when making a final DRC test.

Much more annoying, one can create self-intersecting polygons (which can
break zone fill and create illegal Gerber files), and zones are not merged.

Each time a zone is added or modified the BOARD::OnAreaPolygonModified()
should be called to avoid these issues (it simplify polygons and merge
zones outlines when possible).

(see zones_by_polygon.cpp for examples)

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS