Re: "generate version string header"

On 11/20/2015 3:08 PM, Mário Luzeiro wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am building kicad on windows msys/mingw32
> Everytime I update (pull) my development bzr branch it will  "generate version string header" and rebuild all kicad. :S

It should only rebuild when there is a commit change to your branch.
Even when it does change, it should only update the version string,
recompile the common library, and relink all of the binaries to the
updated common library. This is the normal behavior to ensure that the
version string matches the repo version.

> Is there anyway to flag to skip this step?

You could force it by setting KICAD_BUILD_VERSION during configuration,
then the version string will always be what was defined.  If you send
bug report, the version info copied from the Help->Copy Version
Information will be incorrect.  You really shouldn't do this if you
don't need to.  This option is for stable release builds.