eeschema field placement feature branch question

This is mostly directed at Wayne, since he's working on eeschema.

I have a feature branch I worked on over the summer (back when the release was thought to be closer, and the eeschema rework farther) that implements a field (reference/value) autoplacement on symbols in eeschema. It moves and aligns the fields as you place parts to allow a minimum of manual placement, including some heuristics to avoid overlaps. I've found this to be a _major_ time saver when working on complicated schematics. A preview is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32FKnrKxe4Y

Is there any willingness to include this? As far as I can tell, the eeschema work is already somewhat underway, though I don't know to what extent. I'll happily rework my code to fit into the new eeschema code, though it'd be really nice if I could see how the eeschema work is coming along and refactor my own code in parallel. I've been using this since I developed it in July, so it's pretty well tested, and I've kept that branch up to date with respect to the latest code. If accepted, I will happily maintain it through the transition to GAL as well.

--
Chris

Follow ups