Re: eeschema field placement feature branch question

Chris,

I cannot find the original request for this patch.  I do like the
feature.  Since I don't have the patch or a url to your branch, I cannot
review the code.  From the video, I have one minor suggestion.  It looks
like you added 3 new check boxes to the Eeschema options dialog which
makes it even taller than it already is.  Maybe it's time to add a third
tab and move some of the controls in the "General Options" tab to a new
tab.  I'm not sure what to call the new tab and how to group the
controls but it's something that should be done.  Anyone else have any
objections or comments about this feature?

As for my Eeschema work, you can see what I've done so far at:

https://github.com/stambaughw/kicad-eeschema-refactor

If your code involves anything with SCH_SHEET_PATH and SCH_SHEET_LIST,
there will be conflicts as these two objects are going away and their
functionality moved into the SCH_SHEET object.  I'm almost have this
step completed.  SCH_SCREENS is also going to be removed shortly.  After
that, I will rename SCH_SCREEN to SCH_SCHEMATIC and make SCH_SCREEN a
separate object that is used only to store the current sheet display
settings.  The final step is to create a top level object (SCHEMATIC?)
to act as a container for the entire schematic hierarchy any schematic
settings (analogous to the BOARD object in Pcbnew).

Cheers,

Wayne