Re: ancient autorouter code

Le 07/12/2015 06:13, Henner Zeller a écrit :
> On 6 December 2015 at 20:58, Adam Wolf <adamwolf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I believe that there was integration done so that if you click the
>> autorouter button, it tells you in the status bar to put the jar in a
>> certain path, at which point the button works like it did before--actually,
>> a little better, because for some reason Java remembers the path and I don't
>> need to browse to the project every time I open it up.
>
> That would indeed be good, as the file browser is pretty annoying that way.
>
> Sounds like documentation would be good somewhere. Does anyone know
> how this is supposed to work ?
> (I recently had a small throwaway board where I didn't mind a crappy
> autorouter result).
>
> -h
>

>> I don't remember when this was but this was after the online service went
>> down.
>>
>> Adam Wolf

>>> I had a look: the freeroute program still exists, but it is now a GNU
>>> licenced code out there ( https://github.com/nikropht/FreeRouting ) -
>>> it is possible to run as standalone on your computer.
>>>
>>> From what it looks like, there was an online version available that
>>> doesn't exist anymore, so the button 'Export ... and launch Freeroute'
>>> should probably be removed (or the FreeRouting program hacked so that
>>> it can run as a daemon listening on a socket for a local network
>>> service).
>>>
>>> So for Kicad
>>>   - remove the middle button in the Free-Route dialog that sends it to
>>> the external router
>>>  - The menu button 'Freeroute' should be renamed 'External routing
>>> (Specctra export)' or something, so that it is more neutral.

In Freeroute dialog, the middle button is enabled when the file
freeroute.jar is found in paths known by Kicad (in kicad bin files).

Since a long time it does not use the on-line version (roughly since it
was removed).

When clicking on it, the Freeroute is launched (if Java exists, of
course) and loads the right .dsn file.
There is no reason to remove this button.
You just have to copy freeroute.jar to your PC, where Kicad binaries are.

A separate Specctra export button already exists, always enabled.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS