Re: [rfc] actual sexpression parsing

>You take the BNF form, process it and write the corresponding state machine. It's not VB6, it's a state machine :D

Writing a new state machine for every single list and every single
file over and over again is the part I have problems with. There
should be a single state machine that takes the tokens and gives you a
list. Not 500 over the whole codebase.

>Well these are trivial IMHO. The biggest horror for me is splitting one
object in many data forms.

The definition of sanity is not splitting it into many data forms.

>3) Using an XML similitude, usual sexp processing in lisp follows
   something like a DOM model

Yea that was the plan when I structured my end result. Walking it
later is trivial.
I'm more for manual walking of the lists after the fact than trying to
use an event based one. I don't see a benefit really and rather see it
increase complexity with needing callback classes when manual
unrolling should work fairly well BUT i am not exactly happy with
manual unrolling looks so its something to play with.