Re: KiCad Coroutines

On Thu, Jan 07, 2016 at 12:08:22PM +0000, Mário Luzeiro wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Sorry I don't know nothing about co-routines.
> Just curious, Why and where kicad is using it? And why and where kicad need multi-threading?

It's not multithreading, it's suspending a thread of work in the new tool code.

Some thing like this:
- Select a tool (suspend for a selection)
- Other things happens, then user select a thing
- (restart the tool coroutine) Check thing selected and so on

The goal is *not* to use multiple cores or doing things in background;
the idea is to stop inside a function and then resume from there when
something desiderable happens.

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
CZ Srl - Parma