Re: T-shapes, castellated pads, cut-outs, slots.. and 3d-viewer

> "It would also be good to have an option to crop everything outside the board edge so that in files such as the pic_programmer demo we do not have silk prints magically floating in the air."
>
> I was thinking in the situation from a point of view of kicad as a CAD tool, it shouldn't hide from the user what it is wrong and may need a design review. So user should clean as much as possible the garbage outside the board, if not, it will be shipped in the gerber files.
>
> I know that in the PCB process that garbage and mistakes will be removed / or reproduced, but I was thinking that 3d-viewer should not lead the designer (special the less experienced people) in something that they expect because they see it that way on 3d-viewer but was not properly designed.

So by this reasoning, it should show you how the pcb will look like
when manufactured... But I would like to see a render option to make
it cut everything that is outseide the board, such that I can enabled
and disable that feature as I see fit.